If the answer to your above question is “no,” then it is definitely time to revamp your marketing plan!
We are all at home! Well, at least most of us, due to this pandemic, which doesn’t seem to be moving away fast enough. Yet, this is the perfect opportunity to invest in your online marketing plan. If you have seen the last post “Coronavirus & Marketing,” then you may not fully understand what you could be capable of while everyone is at home glued to their computer and phone screens.
So, here’s what you need to know, it only takes split second for someone to see something and automatically want to buy it without a long thought process. Think about it, how many times have you bought something off of Amazon, or your favorite online shopping store because you “liked it” or because that website is so great with its product marketing you felt like you “needed it”? Well you can do the same thing, except convert sales faster.
Shoppable Posts are a great way to convert the eyes that you see on social media to potential buyers and consumers. Think about it, you follow your favorite brand on Instagram, and with one tap on the photo without ever having to travel to the website, you can buy what you need or want…
Its seamless and perfect! You can see a real photo on your timeline, of your favorite outfit and accessories displayed and with one simply click it can be at your doorstep the same week.
Here’s what you really need to know…
A shoppable post is the quickest way to convert wondering eyes to purchases on social media. A trailblazer in stoppable post has been Instagram. With just a single soft touch on a photo, you can have whatever product is in front of you without having to ever leave the app.
According to an article on Hootsuite, about 70% of shoppers utilize Instagram as a place to do discover products. That’s a great percentage that your products and businesses need to be found in.
Today they’re over 700 million Instagram users following a shopping business account. This means a guarantee of 700 million eyes looking at products and going through a “buyers” decision process. It is up to you too win them over with quality product marketing.
Shoppable post are great as well not just because they are integrated within social media but because social media provides real time content reviews. People are more likely to purchase your product if they can see real-time and updated reviews.
Client and customer reviews are important for marketing purposes. This helps you (as the company) know what your customers are looking for or somethings you need to change. Reviews help tremendously when they are positive to help someone make a decision about purchasing your product. Plus, they are essentially free marketing for your business!
Here’s How to Set-up Shoppable Post
So, if you want to start incorporating stoppable post for your Instagram account, here’s how:
- Find out if your account is approved for Instagram Shopping and be sure your app is up-to-date. You must also find out if the option is available in your country. You can do so by clicking here.
- You will need to go into your instagram settings under the “Business” tab and select “Shopping.” (The shopping feature is available once your account is approved.)
- Next, select a product catalog to connect to your account and then you’re all set.
Just that simple, you are ready to convert the leaking eyes on Instagram into sales.
Creating Visually Appealing Post for People to Shop
This is vitally important! Not just as it pertains to shoppable post but as your business brand. You want your digital content to be visually appealing and make people want to undeniably notice you. Here’s a few things to think about when creating a social media and shoppable post:
- Create stunning visuals that are simple and minimalistic and on brand with your brand. Basically, make sure your photos look clean and neat. They appear well thought-out. Think about yourself, you wouldn’t want to purchase products if a post was not neat, nor presentable. Try vibrant colors if it aligns with your brand, or calming neutral tones if they align with your brand.
- Product placement is important. People need to accurately see what they are purchasing. You wouldn’t want to spend your money if you cannot see what you are getting. It’s the same concept. Your product should be clear and placed in the front of your photo, not in the background. If it is in the background someone might become confused with what is the actual product being sold.
- Use Hashtags. Hashtags are the gateway to tons of eyes that don’t noramlly see your profile. Utilize hashtags in everything! Even in your story post. Most people have not caught on yet but hashtags have Instastories to and by utilizing the hastags in your businesses story, you create another avenue for marketing outside of the typical instagram post. Try to keep your hashtags on brand, you should also have a mixture between small sized and popular hashtags. Typically 9-12 hashtags are a good amount of hashtags to have.
So, are you going to incorporate Shoppable Post now?
There is almost a guaranteed conversion rate, if you are able to have a clean product presentation. The greatest part about this and social media is that you (as a business) do not have to go and “find” the customers, the benefit to this is that they are already there, and ready to spend there money without having to leave their favorite social media platform.
This is a must-have strategy in your digital marketing strategy in 2020. More people are home and are constantly searching the web. Social media gives your business the ability to be open 24 hours, and creating shoppable post allows your business to earn revenue around the clock.